Total Pageviews

Friday 30 May 2014

Schooling

Just a bit of flatwork schooling today.  So pleased with how his flatwork continues to improve.  I remember the days when I couldn't get him to strike off into right canter from trot without throwing his head and walk to right canter was a complete disaster.  Canter to walk used to be impossible but now he can canter to halt just from me thinking it.  He's even doing working canter pirouettes on the left rein and working towards them on the right!  His half pass is really improving and his lateral work in general is so much better. He is so flexible and it's easy to change the bend whereas before took me ages to establish softness on the new rain now it comes instantly. Really love schooling him - I'd do it every day if I could but I know he'd stop giving me his all if I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment