Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 December 2014

SJ practice Parwood 30-12-14

Just went to Parwood today for a little play over some jumps before we head to Merrist Wood for BSJA this weekend.  Not jumped for 2.5wks and always feel like my eye for a stride will desert me if I don't get regular practice in.  Did some flying changes in the warmup and as long as I had the right quality canter they happened fine, if I let the canter get long and flat then he can't do them which unfortunately I think will always be a problem with our jumping as that's just how he likes to go.

Started jumping with an exercise I haven't done for a while that Chris Burton started doing with us which is always good for getting my eye in and gives us both confidence.  Trot to a x pole and then just let 5 regular strides happen to an oxer which you build up and out.  We got it to 1m25 and he was jumping really well, picking up and good technique as you can see in the photos.  He didn't feel like he was making much of an effort even at that height but I didn't see the point in keep going higher for the sake of it as we won't be jumping more than 1m10 at BSJA at the weekend.



After that I popped round the course that was up - guessing it was around 1m-1m05.  First time round wasn't great as I found myself adding a few strides.  Second time was fab and he was flying.  Needless to say he didn't touch a pole.  Inevitably he will find one or two to knock down at the weekend - he seems to save his clear rounds for training unfortunately!


No comments:

Post a Comment