Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 March 2015

Moreton BE100 08-03-15

First visit to Moreton.  Terrible dressage for 35.3.  Ground was very good considering the rain in the lead up but he will never enjoy mud, especially first time on grass since last September.  He chucked away several marks by cantering in 3 separate trot movements which also knocked his collectives too.  Without that he was on track for around a 30.

Typically then he jumped a lovely rare clear round apart from me missing at fence 6 and him chipping in which really jarred my back.  The long one I saw there was just too long although didn't stop me seeing another rather long one at the following fence.  I suppose at least I've stopped hooking but somewhere in the middle would be good.


Sadly had to withdraw after SJ as tweaked my back injury and was just in too much pain to go XC. Such a shame as looked a lovely course with a couple of questions that would have been a good test for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment