Total Pageviews

Friday 11 December 2015

BSJA Parwood 28-11-15

First class was the Discovery - technical as always at Parwood - there were many related distances, tight turn backs and dog legs.  Not a great stride to the first but then got things sorted until I nearly missed the sharp turnback to the wall at 6, lost the canter quality and got in too close.  I did react, sit up and wait for an extra stride on the dogleg though which worked well as met that fine.  Then rode like a pansy to the smallest upright on the course which somehow he cleared from a naf stride.  Another tight turnback to the first fence in the 2nd phase which I didn't ride forwards to and again he helped me out.  Got my act together for the big oxer at 10 and then sat and waited for 7 strides again in the dog leg.  He got a fraction close and brushed it in front but I think we'd have struggled to get there on 6 strides.  I would have had to start turning over the fence and cut the corner to make it on him.  We then came round to a huge oxer and got a bit of a flyer which meant I was a big disorganised round the sharp right hand corner into a huge double and he just brushed both parts which was a shame as actually made it on a good stride.  Round to the last and clear.  So, a disappointing 12 faults but still pleased with the majority of it - rider needs to remember to think ahead and keep the power up round the tight corners.   More practice needed, as ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment