Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 October 2012

End of first week of trot work

All going smoothly thankfully.  Leg has shown no signs of any kind of puffiness or swelling.  We have built up the trot work from 30secs on Mon to 3mins30secs today and all is good.  Monty is enjoying himself muchly and thinks he can trot everywhere now.  Pulls my arms out in trot but feels amazing - really powerful and pingy - lovely!

So good to be getting going on him again.  This week will see us continue to gradually build up towards 5mins at the end of the week.  I am back to work though and it's now too dark to hack in the evenings so we'll start some low key school work.  Might set out some poles so we can do some walking over poles as something different to do or it's going to get a bit dull walking for an hour with only 5mins trotting!

He is still out in his small square and I dont plan on increasing that until he is back in canter work so a few more weeks yet.  I know he is miserable sectioned off from his friend but I dont trust him not to have a hooley and set us right back to square one.

Still on Cool, Calm and Condition with extra Mg but cant say I think it's makes any difference to him.  He's still sharp as anything and is testing out my stickability multiple times every ride.

So far though, very happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment