Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 December 2012

Merrist Wood P19 02-12-12

First outing in the new horsebox which was as exciting as anything!

Last few days not gone exactly to plan with the zip on my new long boots going yesterday which meant I spent last night resurrecting my old joddy boots and gaiters and cleaning off year old mud.  Lorry has gone and got a chip in its windscreen, every time I turn the fridge on it trips the fusebox switch (good thing it's cold enough not to need it) and various other problems so should have known today wouldn't go without a hitch either!

So, last few weeks I've been practising P15 with a vengeance so off we go down the centre line, turn left and beep goes the horn.  Turns out I've learnt the wrong test!  Should be P19 - luckily as it's unaff prelim and judge obviously feeling exceedingly kind she lets me start all over again with friend reading the correct test.  Fortunately I also know P19 quite well so we had a good bash at it.  Ended up on 67.73% and came 3rd out of 26.  Monts has never been a dressage horse - it is what lets us down eventing - so pretty chuffed with that.

Going back there on Wednesday and have triple checked the test I'm riding!

Photos are just some stills from video I'm afraid:



And the video if you're bored enough to watch a prelim:


And my new horsebox as dont think I've showed it off yet and dont want it feeling left out!
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534546_10151332249520522_1040616208_n.jpg[/img]

No comments:

Post a Comment