Total Pageviews

Monday 17 December 2012

Something else to worry about

Monty has a monster tendinous windgall come up on his right fore lateral aspect just above fetlock.  Noticed it last week then it went down but it was puffed up again today.

Farrier looked at his foot balance today - was happy with front feet - couldn't see why he would be sore on them.  They look good to me - much better than when I got him.  He does have road nails in at the moment though so this might be making him a bit more sensitive in terms of lunging him on the hard.  They might also be increasing concussion a bit and causing the windgall.

He did say he's rubbing his toes behind esp the RH which I guess fits with that being his dodgy leg - nothing to do with his tendon injury I think, more likely the original problem flagged up in his vettings.  I'm convinced it's some kind of mechanical restriction due to old injury as I really hope if it was anything more like spavin/suspensory it would have got significantly worse by now given all the work I've done with him.  Anyway, he has shod him with some shoes which are rounded at the front in some way that he thought would be better - they basically look like shoes that have been worn for several weeks already to my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment