Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Chris B SJ 20-04-16

For an experiment we put him in draw reins.  Threaded them through the throatlatch to soften their action.  Did the usual x pole to oxer to warmup although made it quite a steep ascending spread rather than a big wide square oxer.  Had to make sure to really give with hands with the draw reins on but he was making a much better shape with them on.  Jumped a little skinny brush fine.  Came round to left corner, I didn't 100% commit, couldn't see a good stride and he ducked out.  I knew he'd do it and I did naf all to stop it.  It's a bit late now but Chris basically said I don't do enough to let him know he's taken the wrong option.  I usually blame myself and by the time I pull him up I don't tell him off so he doesn't think he's done anything wrong.  Came round again, rode it stronger and he was fine.  Finished with a course wiithout the draw reins, corner turned round so approached off tight right turn to left corner, bounced round the turn and then rode positive at the corner and he was fine with it.  He's so frustrating!  Even Chris said he's frustrating and he doesn't really know what more to do with him as he's just learnt running left is an easier option no matter how I ride him.

No comments:

Post a Comment