Total Pageviews

Monday 31 August 2015

Damian Hallam lesson 23-08-15

First video is of our warm up.  Making sure we had him in front of my leg, taking me forwards of his own accord.  Damian said this is something I do automatically in canter but really need to insist on the same in trot from the moment we go into the trot.


Here is some of our half pass trot work.  Again, making sure he keeps taking me forwards.  We had the sitting trot loads more forwards than usual.  Always making sure he is taking me, I'm not giving him my rein, I keep my shoulders back and sit behind the movement not getting drawn into tipping forward and giving away the reins.

Finally we worked on the medium trot.  Have to push him on round the short side into the long side and the moment he feels like he's getting to his maximum and might break to canter then bring him back to walk and praise.  If he does canter then leg yield and make it uncomfy for him.  Must make sure not to give the reins away or he will fall onto the forehand and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment