Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 August 2015

SJL lesson 14-08-15

Started with some changes.  Still struggling to get him straight for the right to left which is probably why it isn't clean.  Need to think about trying to leg yield into it and also need to stop him changing as soon as I change the bend, he must wait for the leg aid.  Left to right get better and better though - apparently one was worth a 7.5!

Sara-Jane hopped on for a bit but I think it was very obvious that Monts is a mummy's boy and more sensitive than he comes across as.  He really didn't appreciate someone strange on him asking him in a different way to how I've taught him (which could be using completely wrong aids given I've never really ridden changes, let alone taught them!)  I was keen to see if it was me blocking him but we couldn't tell because he threw his toys out of the pram when he got confused by the change in aids (probably not helped by Sara-Jane's legs being a foot longer than mine so felt really different to him).  So, decided to give that one up as a bad idea.  Looks like it's just me and Monts forever!

Moved on to some half pass and he was just floating across the arena.  Easier to the right than to the left which is just so weird because it was totally the other way around for months but I won't complain as the left isn't exactly bad, it's just the right feels amazing.  He was making it to the 3/4 line in half the arena easily.  In the trot just need to concentrate on keeping his neck up but still the round outline - he wants to go down and round or up and out.  Totally a strength issue that is gradually improving with time.  Always have to remember he is not built for this dressage lark!

A left to right change - I need to sit my bum in the saddle and lose the tension in my upper body/hands but he is soft and round and this one got a good mark :)

HP left:

HP right:

medium trot - his hindlegs are really going for it, just need to work out how to get his front end to lift and open and it will look fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment