Total Pageviews

Monday 7 March 2016

Merrist Wood Winter Regionals 23-02-16

Thanks to a lot of physio I was slightly more mobile and able to at least ride but it wasn't without pain and trot was the most painful.

First up was the Medium Restricted Freestyle.  It went ok.  I ended up balancing on my hands rather than absorbing the movement through my back, especially in the medium canter and I couldn't collect the canter enough for the simple changes so they weren't great.  Disappointing having worked so hard.  We ended up 13th out of 21 on 65.56% which was a shame as I know he could have managed top ten if I hadn't been so sore.  Judge at C had us 20 marks below the other 2 judges which again was disappointing.  One judge had us on over 69% and in 7th place which is a personal best by far at this level.  He tried super hard though, definitely couldn't have asked for more from him.


Bit of a break then back on for the Elem Open Freestyle.  Was secretly hoping for a top ten as he's so established at Elem now but wasn't sure given it was the Open and I know the standard is usually super high.  Back still sore but weirdly sitting trot more comfy than rising so decided to do it all in sitting.  Again, he went as well as he possibly could.  Couple of things I could have ridden a bit better had I not been in pain but really I doubt I could have squeezed many more marks from him.  Very happy with 68.78% and 8th place.  We beat a lot of pros and their super duper horses.  He is such a little superstar!



Some piccies - waiting for the pro ones to arrive.

















No comments:

Post a Comment